Sunday, July 1, 2012

Simple Things


It hit 106 degrees in Atlanta this weekend - double YUCK!! I am a Southern girl and do not handle hot temperatures very well. Everything was going along swimmingly until our power went out completely - along with the AIR!! My hubby came back from running errands, and I met him at the door with the lovely news. He had a smile on his face and said the words I love to hear, "Let's just go out!!" YIPPEE!!

We proceeded to enjoy dinner and a movie together. Simple things. Just spending time with my man made me forget about my lack of air conditioning. It also made us think about other things that are equally important - like having fun conversation without our rather large flat screen TV going on in the background. Talking about our favorite ice cream flavors. Wondering if our friends are handling the heat. Holding hands. Eating said ice cream (what good is ice cream if you just talk about it?? :->)

No matter what season you are in, do not forget to enjoy the simple things. And do not forget how much the Lord loves you. Even when it is 106 degrees. And you are sweating. A LOT!! :->

“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment